Significator & its Sub Lord
Also see KP FAQ and KP Notebook
- The significator, see KP: Order of Significators, shows the source of an event. The matters - especially of the house or houses owned by it, serve as the source.
- The significator gives the results of its Star Lord. So the Star Lord becomes the indicator of the matters of the house occupied and owned by it, and also of the house aspected by it.
- The Sub Lord of the significator is the deciding factor regarding the matters of the Star Lord.
- If the Sub Lord is harmonious to the matters indicated by the Star Lord, the significator gives favorable, desired, or expected results
- If the Sub Lord is detrimental to the matters indicated by the Star Lord, the significator does not give favorable, desired, or expected results.
To view the larger Table Image accompanying this tutorial, please click on Table of Houses for Different Subject Matters, or click the link directly below.
- Consider the Houses for the respective subject matter shown in the above Table.
- If the subject matter of the Houses shown in Column A are to be judged, then the subject matter of the Houses shown in Column B will become detrimental, and vice-versa.
- Suppose Sun is the significator (in the Star of the occupant or owner) of 4, 11, and 12, and the Sub Lord of Sun is not connected with 4, 11, or 12 but IS connected with 10, 5, and 3, then Sun will not be in a position to give the desired or expected results of 4, 11, and 12.
4. The significator gives during its Dasa, Bhukti, and Pratyantardasha, the results of its Star Lord, or
5. The results of the Star Lord are experienced during the joint period (Dasa, Bhukti, Pratyantardasha) of the significator, its Star Lord, and its Sub Lord.
6. The significator denotes the time when it will give the results of its Star Lord. The Sub Lord of the significator shows whether desired results or otherwise will be obtained.
7. The significator becomes weak if its Star Lord is weak, and more so if its Sub Lord is also weak.
Note: All references to the material above are from the work and teachings of Prof. K.S. Krishnamurti, Chandrakant R. Bhatt, K. Subramainiam, Sri M.P. Shanmugam, Prof K. Hariharan, and/or publications in the KP & Astrology Journals/Yearbooks. For Book information, please go to KP Books.