- Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces are Mute Signs.
- If Mercury lording the 6th is posited in the 2nd house in a Mute Sign, or the lord of the 6th is posited in the 2nd in a Mute Sign afflicted by Mars or Saturn, a perceptible stammer, lisp, or other impediment will be the result.
- Mercury anywhere in Mute Signs afflicted by Saturn, causes stammer.
- If Mars adds his influence by bad aspect, then the native will talk very fast, lisp, or pronounce his words badly.
- When Mercury happens to be in a Mute Sign in opposition to the Moon, the native will have a defect in speech.
- Saturn in the Lagna in a Mute Sign causes a speech impediment.
- The 2nd house governs Vocal Organs. If a voice sign (Gemini, Libra, or Aquarius are called musical or voice signs; some western authors consider Virgo and Sagittarius also - some also include Taurus) is found in the 2nd house in a Horoscope, especially if Venus or Mercury is posited there and free from affliction, then eloquence or some vocal gift may be predicted. Jupiter indicates that one will offer advice, preach, and/or will be a platform speaker. Mars and Jupiter give the native assertion, making him an orator who can move the masses by his fiery speech. Mercury and Saturn show that he will modify his speech according to the time, circumstances, and crowd before him.
Note: All references to the material above are from the work and teachings of Prof. K.S. Krishnamurti, Chandrakant R. Bhatt, K. Subramainiam, Sri M.P. Shanmugam, Prof K. Hariharan, and/or publications in the KP & Astrology Journals/Yearbooks. For Book information, please go to KP Books.